Monday, March 21, 2011

Hometown Monday

Click this ---> Just a simple country jingle about a good livin'

When I think of good american corn fed country livin' I usually think of this song. It's been a favorite of mine and my dad's for quite some time now. We always talk about grass roots living and how life can be really be as simple or as complex as you make it. Sometimes it take a song to help us remember the good things in life. I feel that where I'm from has helped me figure out who I am and given me experiences that will fortify me in my future endeavors. Experiences positive or negative can be learned from and used in a progressive direction when the bigger picture of life understood. No matter where we go it's vital to remember who we are and where we came from. This for me is especially true. Life can turn into a magical box of surprises being thrown around a roulette table and sometimes you have to find a way to deal with an outcome you didn't plan on having. So when times get tough, remember those life lessons you learned. We really only need a few things in life to truly make us happy. Most of the other stuff that comes along with it, is simply that... stuff, and it isn't really all that important in the big scheme of things.

"To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone."
- Reba McEntire

No comments:

Post a Comment